Hi, I’m Morgan. I’m a Holistic Counsellor.
I integrate EFT Tapping, Ayurvedic Health Coaching, Yoga and Meditation.
I’m on a mission to help individuals design lives that make them shine, because I believe everyone has something great to give the world and when we live our best we give our best, and the world becomes a better place.
What does living our best look like? The truth is, it’s different for everyone. I’ve always hated being put in a box and I won’t try to force you into one. I believe we each need to discover what makes us shine as individuals, and then use all the tools we’ve got to build a life that supports that vision.
I’m a unique snow flake (and so are you). I’ve been on my own roller coaster ride with health and trying to fit into someone else’s standards, going from one extreme to the other, pushing myself too hard then losing motivation, being too strict and trying to be perfect, then giving up…and not feeling very good from any of it!
I’ve learned that it’s not about being perfect or following some set of rules, a healthy yoga lifestyle is about deeply listening to our individual needs and knowing how to respond. It means taking responsibility for our health.
I won’t ask you to live some extreme yogi lifestyle and obsess on yoga all day long, instead I’ll show you how to apply principles from Yoga and Ayurveda (traditional medicine system of India) to your life in a way that feels natural rather than forced.
I get that it’s not all peace, love and om shanti…the journey to health can be hard. I’ve been down many of my own struggle streets of autoimmune disorder, depression, insomnia, eating disorder, career woes and the ups and downs that every human goes through.
Yoga, as a way of life, again and again picked me up and got me back on track. As a coach, strategist and teacher I offer a unique combination of all I’ve studied over the past 15 years in the health and wellness industry coupled with a deep compassion that’s grown from my own sincere journey and commitment to live my best.
A few principles I live by:
- There’s no such thing as perfect (or maybe we’re perfectly imperfect).
- Everything is a practice.
- It’s about the journey not the destination (cliche but true).
- Love is the most powerful force in the world (especially self love).
- The better we care for and love ourselves, the better we care for and love others.
- We ALL have a divine light within.
Yoga, Ayurveda & EFT are my foundation.
I’ve been studying and practicing yoga and Ayurveda for over a decade, and more recently integrated EFT with Matrix Re-imprinting into my practice, but I also pull a wide array of studies and experience into my teaching including:
- Certified Yoga Teacher since 2009, with a dedicated practice since 2001 of various forms of yoga around the world from Ashtanga, Iyengar, Hatha, Anusara and countless workshops, Hatha Yoga teacher training in India and Yin teacher training in Sydney. Read more about Yoga.
- Certified Yoga Health Coaching (year long course) with focus on applying Ayurveda to lifestyle design as well as a nine month Living Ayurveda course with YogaHealer founder Cate Stillman. Read more about Ayurveda
- AMMET Certified E.F.T. Practitioner (Emotional Freedom Technique), also known as tapping, to shift mental and emotional blocks. Read more about E.F.T..
- Matrix Re-imprinting Certified Practitioner. This is a powerful form of EFT working with unraveling past trauma.
- Yoga Anatomy Certification through renowned teacher and author Leslie Kaminoff’s nine month training program, as well as Anatomy and Physiology through University of Massachusetts Amherst. I’m an anatomy geek!
- Certified Remedial Massage Therapist since 2002, I’ve worked with thousands of individuals and an array of health issues, physical, mental and energetic. I’ve studied many bodywork modalities from Craniosacral and Reike to Thai Yoga Massage, Trigger Point and Myofascial Release.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Environmental Sciences, always a student of the natural world my university studies deepened my understanding of ecosystems and our inherent interconnection. I recognise we are a microcosm of the macrocosm and must approach our bodies as ecosystems, and I believe that cultivating a connection to nature is vital for health.
- Level 1 Certified Reiki Practioner, and fascinated with observing and working with the subtle energetics that drive who we are and how we show up in the world.
- Perpetual student of life! The learning never ends…and that’s what makes life so fun!
The more I live the yoga lifestyle, the better life gets, and this is what I want to share with the world!
When I’m not teaching or practicing yoga I love to spend as much time outside as possible, usually surfing, camping or adventuring with friends. I live for great conversations and books over a hot cup of chai tea, am obsessed with making colourful salads, love animals and am usually the first one on the dance floor.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is so much more than postures, it’s a system and philosophy for living with vitality and integrity that originated over 5,000 years ago in India. There are many ancient texts and sages that have contributed to this tradition, and as a living tradition it continues to be influenced by modern thinkers and science.
The yoga system teaches us how to find balance and health socially and personally — in our body, breath, mind and spirit.
The word “yoga” in Sanskrit means union, and all of the practices aim to generate balance, harmony and union in all parts of our existence — ultimately leading to personal enlightenment.
Enlightenment means to bring in light and lightness. The path of enlightenment doesn’t mean you have to go sit in a cave and understand all the mysteries of the world — rather it suggests we work systematically to bring light and lightness into our daily life (called sukha in Sanskrit).
What is EFT & Matrix Re-imprinting?
Both EFT and Yoga have such profound and tangible results because they work on releasing and clearing blocked energy – the source of our issues – physical, mental, spiritual or otherwise. Just as a stagnant body of water becomes unhealthy, when we are are stagnate in our body disease arises and when we are stuck mentally or emotionally unhealthy behaviours arise.
The solution: get the energy flowing again and shift the stagnate pattern of belief.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is the traditional medicine system of India, often considered the oldest medicine system in the world, and it has absolutely changed my life for the better! More than a mere system of treating illness, Ayurveda is a science of life (Ayur = life, Veda = science or knowledge).
The Ayurvedic System (considered the sister science to Yoga)
- focuses on creating a healthy lifestyle as preventative medicine
- is based on aligning with nature and using natural remedies
- treats people on a truly individual and whole person basis, and
- focuses on digestive health.
It’s a sophisticated mind-body system that is also so practical, and that’s why I love it!More Info